Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Too Much Information?

Actress Kirstie Alley is making juicy headlines again ... She just revealed that she had these feelings - something more than dancing - towards DWTS (Dancing With The Stars)'s professional dancer Maxim Chernovsky.


Handsome Max was her partner, when she (almost) won the show, and lost so much weight. Why did Kirstie need to come out now with all this private information? I call it the "Miss Universe" factor.  Can anyone remember the name of the pageant winner from 2 years ago? 3 years ago??


I met Kirstie in Villa D'este Hotel, in Chernobia, Italy.  She was accompanied by her two kids. Yes, she was over weight. But she told me then, that she had  already lost 50 pounds, "It is hard .."  Her face looked beautiful, and her kids were cheering for her. So was I.
Shortly after - she went on DWTS, and enjoyed a daily media attention. The same one, the current round of DWTS (or other reality shows) get.


I am glad, Kirstie went on the show. It did good for her figure and image. It also gave a big boost to women, in different sizes and shapes.


Yet - her latest revelations add nothing to it. On the contrary!  Wasn't our primary interest in Kirstie because she was a good actress? Wasn't that the reason tabloids started to follow her and tried to guess about her private life??


My new book is about the private woman, behind a leader, former prime minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto.  "My Benazir" unveils, for the first time, the Benazir I knew: A woman in love, facing rejections ...


For many who knew  Bhutto the leader, this private angle is a revelation.  It is the information, they have been seeking for, but never had a chance to get it. "My Benazir" fills this void. At last.


Back to Kirstie, whom I really like: If only  she left us some room for imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment