Friday, April 20, 2012

What was my favorite interview?

I have been asked the same question over and over: "What was your favorite/most important interview?"


There are different ways to answer this question.  

But looking back, there are several interviews which have changed my values and perception of life.


For example: Mother Theresa. Interviewing her in Calcutta, spending four days with her, made me realize that there are so many people, who don't have homes. They live in the streets, waking up every morning with no goals or ambition. They have nothing to achieve beside surviving another day.

It also introduced me to a petite woman, with huge charisma -  Mother Theresa. A nun, single handily made a difference. She attracted people from all around the world, like me, to come and help her, saving lives. When she showed me her notebooks with "My sisters in Gaza", or "Here are my sisters in Budapest .." - I got it!


It wasn't only about her faith and big heart. She had the capacity to think out of the box, and create her own long arms,in order to spread her message. It wasn't about the organization, that made the woman shine. 


It was about one  woman, with such determination.


And that says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment