Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hillary (Clinton) looks tired ...

I am tired of reading, "How Hillary Clinton looks tired ..."


Staring at her recent photos, comparing them to many photos I have with Hillary at my parties or other meetings - yes, she looked much better few years (and thousands of flights) ago.


I am a friend and a supporter of Hillary. It is known, that I supported her presidential bid, and hosted couple of events for her. I think, she learnt fast and became a good senator. I still think, she would have made a good president!


She lost to Barack Obama, and settled for the job of Secretary Of State. That means a grueling traveling schedule, sometimes having breakfast in one continent, and a (formal) dinner in another. Hillary is a veteran politician. She has campaigned with her husband Bill, when he was running for President. In fact - I met her then, for an exclusive interview for Fox TV, for the first time. Then - she has been travelling all over New York state, campaigning for the New York seat in the senate.


She told me later, that her best friends then - were a pair of old flat shoes ...Our mutual friend designer Craig Taylor made some special shirts for her, which looked nice even after a day, full of exhausting stops. It is tiring for any politician (or his spouse). Nothing new.


That is why she was so happy, when I introduced her to my friend Dr. Mark Hyman, who believes in preventive medical treatment. She called me  later to ask about his treatments. She was seeking for a healthy life style, renewed energy and as a result - looks.


It was summer of 2004 - we were at a Spa in Lennox, Massachussets. John Kerry was the Democrat nominee for president. Rumours about a Hillary's bid were circling around. But I knew, it was untrue.  Hillary said: "Daphne, since I am not running for President this year, I decided to do something for myself, my health ..." She was there with her mother Dorothy and her daughter Chelsea. They all liked going around with their robes, do check ups, treatments ...What I call: "ME time."


AND she looked damn good! When Hillary has the right make up person, her big blue eyes are so expressive. Her short hairdo gave her a young look, highlighting her nice oval face. Her pant suits gave her an efficient look and the comfort she needed. To her delight, she lost few pounds.


                                                                      *** 


But can anyone expect her to keep this regiment, during her almost 24/7 travelling schedule?? When I travel overseas - I land with horrible water retention, bad circulation, dry skin, and many times - a virus I inherited from one of the other passengers. When the flights exceed 12 hours - I make sure, I hit the gym before ANYTHING!  A  massage or a sauna is another solution to speed into a "business as usual" attitude in another part of the world.


Yet - Hillary  has camera on her (yes, tired) face the moment she lands in a foreign country. Facing HD  cameras, after a long flight ...Isn't it against the Geneva Convention?? ...


And these are the photos, distributed around the world!


So Hillary is right, not to bother too much with make-up and hair these days. Let her finish her demanding job, and go and take care of herself. Trust me, she will once again - become a good looking woman.


* Women in politics face these issues often. The late Benazir Bhutto asked for my advice, regarding her heath regiment. I introduced her to Dr Hyman. More about it in my new book "My Benazir" (www.daphnebarak.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment