Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tipper Gore's Secret For Perfect Marriage ...

Reading this weekend, that former U.S. Vice President Al Gore has a new girlfriend, I reflected back to  my interview with his wife Tipper Gore ...

It was at the White House. Tipper was then "the Second Lady" of the U.S. Her husband Al was the Vice President to Bill Clinton. I had met Tipper before, when she was campaigning with husband Al, Bill and Hillary Clinton, for the Presidential bid on 1992. I was assigned to interview both Hillary and Tipper for Fox TV. I really got along with Tipper Gore ...In fact - while I was interviewing Hillary - Tipper took artistic photos of the the two of us ...Tipper was fun!

                                                                         ***

I met her again, after Bill Clinton won, and became the U.S. President. Tipper was then the wife of the Vice President.  I expected a usual interview with a Vice President's wife: A mixture of  political slogans, as well as some motivating stories about how, "We can help each other..." Yet Tipper responded to one of my questions in such a personal manner! She looked at my TV cameras, and said: "Daphne, how do I maintain my happy marriage? ... Let me tell you! I spice it up ... I light candles in our bathrooms, I chose special odors ... I work on my marriage ..."

For me - a young interviewer then - it sounded wonderful! The perfect way to maintain the strong passion, a couple might have had ... Some candles, some perfume, a fun bath ...
                                                                       
                                                                        *** 

I hosted Al Gore for a dinner in London, on the eve of his Nobel Price award. It was with Renu Mehta and a gal for her foundation "Fortune Forum." I had some private time with Al ahead  of this event in London.  It was the pic of his life achievements: An Oscar, and a Nobel Prize in one year, both awards  coming after  the devastating way, Gore lost (actually won) the elections against George W. Bush. There was no sign of Tipper. I was alone with Al, in the Gym of a London hotel.
Months later - it was reported that, "Al and Tipper Gore are separating ..."

                                                                    ***

So it is not about the sexy bath with candles, no...
If you are in love - these kind of accessories are helpful, sure.
If you fall out of love - I don't know of any candle which can fix "it."



* I brought candles to my friend, the late Benazir Bhutto. She was so in love ...Read more in "My Benazir" (www.pipublic.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment